Chatterbox Online Support
The Chatterbox voice chat system is comprised of 4 major components: The server, manager, client, and the automatic download and launch process.
- Server. The server could be described as a classroom, or conference room. It is the facilities. The server is responsible for gathering all of the voice data, and other data and re-distributing it to all of the clients. By itself the server is nothing, just as a classroom with no students is nothing.
- Manager. The manager is responsible for configuring the rooms. It might best be described as building maintenance. Responsible for setting up the tables and chairs, and the overall layout.
- Client. The client is the program that interacts with the user. We might compare this to the actual student in a classroom.
- Automatic download and launch. This is the process that gets the client into a chat room. It starts with a link that is embedded on a web page. That link contacts a cgi that determines if the client needs to be downloaded, and then launches it into a room. This is best described as the process by which a student is brought into a classroom. Perhaps even including an usher that leads the student from the main entrance to his/her seat.
- Download the chat server and run the self installing exe
- Click on the chat manager icon on the desktop
- Click on "Request License"
- Fill out the form
- When you get a reply to the license request, click on "Update License"
- Configure a room (Described in Chapter 2a)
- Embed the launch link on your web page (Described in Chapter 4)
- Begin Voice Chat
- Support for Chatterbox is provided by email unless otherwise negotiated.
- Minor updates are provided at no charge to registered customers
- To receive support send email to: email@example.com
- Email support turnaround is usually within 24 hours and sometimes within 2 to 4 hours during working hours.
- Echo Room - Test out your mic and speakers in our Echo Room!
- Debugging - If you experience problems with your chat client, click here to enter our Debug room (the Echo Room with debugging enabled). This generates a detailed log located in C:\chatterbox\client.log . After using the client in this mode, email your log to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help diagnose your problem. Warning, do not use the client very long in this debug room as it will generate a very large diagnostic log.
- Clear Cookie - You might need to uninstall your Chatterbox cookie which will allow you to reinstall a new client. Just click here to uninstall the cookie.